Are you the parent or carer of a young child, keen to help with school work at home – but worried that you might not do a good job?
Caroline Coxon is here to help with a quick overview on how best to help a child with their reading and writing.
This book will:
- give you ideas for activities
- give you advice on choosing the right time and situations to encourage reading and writing practice at home
- show you what schools are trying to do
- show you what children are expected to learn at a given age
- give you an insight into phonics and the National Literacy Strategy