This book provides a programme of seven one-hour sessions aimed at helping children to develop social awareness and an understanding of their interactions and responsibilities regarding their own and others’ behaviour.
Each session involves children in discussion, games and practical activities that explore those important issues and help raise self esteem.
The programme will give children the ability to:
- say sorry and mean it
- give feedback without causing offence
- receive feedback without becoming upset
- reflect on situations and modify their behaviour
- take turns fairly
- resolve conflicts effectively
- become active listeners
- understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- join in and/or lead a group well
- develop respectful relationships
A CD is also included.