This book is part of a series of books each containing a set of practical lessons, ideas and worksheets to enable pupils to work scientifically.
Learning activities focus on:
- Exploring the five senses
- Making balloon rockets and balloon vehicles
- Conducting a water taste test
- surveying the ecology and physical features of the school grounds.
The following specific scientific skills will be enhanced:
- measuring time and distance
- researching and interpreting results
- creating data tables
Students will also be involved in making simple written observations, gathering data, illustrating, labelling and constructing graphs, and assessing the fairness and validity of experiments. Educational website references have been included where possible.